Food, Entertainment, and Arts

Food, Entertainment, and Arts

Thursday, February 18, 2010

101 Things about Portland....








20. Portland Head Light, this falls under the waterfront and history categories;
This is a beautiful spot to visit any time of the year. Located in Fort Williams Park, owned by the town of Cape Elizabeth, this site is loaded with history since it was commissioned by George Washington in 1787 and first lit in 1791. Built by Portland masons of rubble stone and lined with brick, it stands 101' high. Today itis fully automated and run by the Coast Guard. It is a symbol for Portland Maine.

21. Breakfast spots: today I went with my husband to one of my favorites located in Woodfords corner--Bayou Kitchen. It is small and neighborly with a raised lunch counter. I always have Gator eggs with 3 "fixin's" and my husband has the Huevos Rancheros. Very good!

No comments:

Post a Comment