Food, Entertainment, and Arts

Food, Entertainment, and Arts

Thursday, February 18, 2010

101 Things about Portland









22.Beautiful sunny spring-like day in Portland so I decided to go downtown with a quick stop at Katie Made Bakery for a cupcake first. They serve soups and sandwiches too. The cupcake was very good bakery-style with thick frosting and moist cake.
23.Downtown Portland--I will say more about this area from time to time but today I was at the Monument Square end of town. The State Soldiers and Sailors Monument dates from 1902 and was sculpted by Franklin Simmons, one of my ancestors.
The Public Market House on the square has lots of food vendors with fresh baked goods, fruits, cheeses, and veggies. They have expanded to the second floor with space to eat or relax on couches.
24. I also made a quick run through Material Objects, a fun resale shop that has been a staple on Congress Street for many years---great vintage items. I was looking for 70's clothes for a weekend party.
25. Then I found --find--a cute new resale shop on Middle Street. They cater to young hipsters but I did find a cute barrette by local artisan Little Eye Designs, one-of-a-kind upcycled jewelry.

1 comment:

  1. Hey! Thank you! I just found this now, definitely appreciate the mention. I've got an Etsy site up and running and ready for custom orders here:

    http://littleeyedesigns.etsy.com

    Will bookmark your page and look around a little more!

    Aud

    ReplyDelete